Ok so, through the years, I’ve developed this super fast easy way to make full use of my pantry. Because I need to make fast meals due to my lifestyle, I’ve found a quick way to get a full meal on with just a packet of Noodles and some left overs or maybe a tin of canned food.
(You may use any instant noodle brand if you don’t have Maggi in your country)
Oh and no, this is not a sponsored post by Maggi, but they really should 😏, don’t you think. Hehe…
Let’s get into it. Here we go!
Tomato Chilli Tuna Maggi Curry ( 1 minute prep time )
Good for a quick nutritious meal.
- 1 packet of Maggi Curry flavour
- 1 red chilli
- 1 green chilli
- 1 can of tomato chili tuna (Ayam brand if you’re in an asian shop and any brand that has this combo)
If you do not have access to this canned food, use any canned sardine infused with tomato or chilli oil product.
Method: (4mins cooking time)
1.Once the water starts to boil, add in your curry spices packet.
2.Add in the canned tomato chilli tuna and cut chillies and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
3.And the noodles in and let it cook for about 2 minutes. Then serve.
Maggi Asam Laksa Promenade ( 5 minute prep time )
Good for those afternoon cravings.
- 1 packet of Maggi Asam Laksa flavour
- 1 small tin of anchovies (optional)
- 1/2 a small lime ( optional )
- 1 bird’s eye red chilli (thinly sliced) If you don’t like it to be too spicy just add in the chill whole or exclude it.
- 1 bird’s eye green chilli (thinly sliced) if you don’t like it to be too spicy just add the chilli whole or exclude it.
- 2 shallots (or 1/2 a medium sized red onion) shallots are sweeter so try to use shallots
- 1/2 a thumb of lemongrass sliced finely
- 1/2 a thumb of thinly sliced ginger (each serving) – garnish
- 1 thumb size of cucumber thinly sliced (each serving) – garnish
Method : (4 mins cooking time)
1.Once the water boils add in the Assam Laksa spice ingredients packet.
2.Add in the cut bird’s eye chilies and lemongrass. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
3.Add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes or till noodles are al dante.
4.Pour it into the bowl.
5.Garnish on top with the thinly sliced ginger, cucumbers, fresh shallots and 1/2 a small lime on the side. Serve.
Maggi Tom Yum Aroi ( 8 mins prep time )
Good for a romantic supper.
- 1 packet Maggi Tom Yum flavour
- 3 large prawns or 5 if you need more ( devein or as whole prawn – the head of the prawn has the most flavour) – you may use frozen de-shelled prawns as well or frozen mussels if you have
- cut spring onions as garnish
- 2 stalks of coriander or any asian parsley if you can’t find coriander (cut ) – as garnish
- 1/2 stalk of lemon grass ( crushed ) – do take this out when serving as it’s only for flavouring
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper powder
Method : 5 minutes cooking time
1.Once the water boils, add in the Tom Yum spice ingredients packet.
2.Add in the crushed lemongrass and prawns ( cook for 2 mins or till when the prawn turns pink ) and 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
3. Add in the noodles and cook for 2 mins more. Take out the lemongrass before serving.
4.Pour into a bowl and garnish with the cut coriander and spring onions. Serve.
Cosy Maggi Chicken Noodles ( 1 prep time )
Good for when you’re feeling blue or are unwell.
- 1 packet Maggi Chicken flavour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 a chicken breast already thawed ( cut thinly into strips )
- 1 red cut chilli
Method : 4 minutes cooking time
1.Once the water boils, add in the Chicken spice ingredient packet. Add in the chicken breast.
2.Break a large egg and cook for 1 min.
3.Add in the noodles and red cut chilli and cook for 1 minute. Serve.
Ready to chow down !
Maggi Goreng With Fried egg ( 3 mins prep time )
Good for rushing lunches on-the- go.
- 1 packet Maggi ( any flavour ) please keep the ingredient packet till when you need to fry the noodles
- 5 table spoons of cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon of sweet dark soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- white sesame seeds as garnish ( optional )
- cut spring onions as garnish ( optional )
- a sprig of coriander as garnish (optional )
- 1 large egg
- a handful of Chinese greens ( xiao bai chye or baby kai lan ) , you may add lightly fried tofu if you’d like
Method : 8 minutes cooking time
1.Once the water boils, cook the noodles first for 2 mins or till al dante.
2.Sieve out water and leave the noodles to drain till dry.
3.In a frying pan, heat some oil enough to fry the large egg and set it aside.
4.When the pan is still hot, add in some more oil and stir fry in the cut Chinese greens and sesame oil till its cooked and soft, yet still slightly crunchy.
5. Add in the noodles and contents of the spice ingredient packet it came with ( whatever flavour you choose ).
6.Put in 1 tsp of sweet dark soya sauce and stir fry the noodles till the sauces are evenly distributed.
7.Serve onto the plate with the fried egg on top and garnish with the white sesame seeds.
8. Add a sprig of coriander leaf to end with finesse. Serve.
You’re all set!
So there you have it. 5 easy recipes if you need to cook a meal in 15 minutes or less. This serves 1. Just duplicate if you’re cooking for many. It feeds you and keeps you full till your next meal. Honestly, after these kinds of meals on the run, I get pretty full and sometimes don’t even eat the next meal.
Though these may be easy full meal hacks, you shouldn’t be eating too much instant foods ( any instant foods ) on the regular. It’s going to mess up your system. Take everything in moderation and balance out your lifestyle with exercises or activities that make you move or at least sweat.
These recipes are good for dorm residents in college, busy working adults, young teens who need to cook a meal for yourself and for those who receive last minute guests on the hour.
Enjoy trying them and chowing them down !
If you’d like to personally follow me on my personal Instagram account here it is. Let me know in the comments on what you’d love for me to share and within my knowledge and capability, I will do my best to submit your request.
That’s it from me. If you’d like to read inspirational quotes, get motivated or share your thoughts and ideas, do head down to our Instagram account @simplelifedaily and do check out our online store @thesimplelife.store ! Join our Telegram Channel too 🙂
Love what you read? Buy me a coffee ☕️ 🙂